Friday, November 20, 2009

Das Commodore 64



Well, there's not much to say except that THE COMMODORE 64 HAS LANDED!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!
I was having lots of fun just messing around with it and making random programs. There was this one that i made earlier today where i had to find the time it took my virtual boat to go from place to place on my marine biology project chart thing.
So to solve this problem, i wrote in this.

10 INPUT "ENTER DISTANCE: ";D
20 A = (D/4)*60
30 PRINT A;"MINUTES"
40 GOTO 10

Now while this may mean nothing to you, it tells the computer to first: ask me for the distance of the leg the boat needs to travel. to then divide that number with the fixed number of knots that my boat was going (4kts) and then multiply that with 60. After that, the next line told the computer to show me the answer on the screen. Next, it told the computer to repeat that whole process.
That was the first real useful thing i got it to do.

thats all folks!

2 comments: